+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Admincp can't completely delete data

Admincp can't completely delete data

Is this normal or an issue?
    Some entries that I deleted from admincp remain in sql database.
    For example: I deleted some user from admincp and they can't register again with the name ID that I deleted, same with email.
    Same thing with key in categories, data entries.

I have to manually go back to myphpadmin to delete them
    Is it normal?

Photos, thumbnails and sql traces leaving behind after deleting a listing by admin.

I have the same kind of problem mate. If we delete a listing through admin panel then remove it from the trash. Those deleted listings are leaving traces in fl_listing and fl_listing_photos tables in sql D-Base. Also leaving uploaded photos and thumbnails in "files" directory in root folder without deleting them. So there is no option to delete them other than manually delete them through c-panel or FTP. If the site has so many user accounts and so many postings deleting those manually will be time wasting and can cause other issues.

Anybody from Flynax Team Please check this.

Thanks
    Mate
    Last edited by Anjana Hemachandra; July 21, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjana Hemachandra View Post
    I have the same kind of problem mate. If we delete a listing through admin panel then remove it from the trash. Those deleted listings are leaving traces in fl_listing and fl_listing_photos tables in sql D-Base. Also leaving uploaded photos and thumbnails in "files" directory in root folder without deleting them. So there is no option to delete them other than manually delete them through c-panel or FTP. If the site has so many user accounts and so many postings deleting those manually will be time wasting and can cause other issues.

Anybody from Flynax Team Please check this.

Thanks
    Mate
    I see. The weird thing is I couldn't find any topic related to this issue. So I thought I was the only one.

I have this problem with TAG CLOUD plugin. The searches i delete from Control panel still remain in the database. I will check also what Anjana wrote earlier

Today I also check all the tables of my SQL data base. I found one user account details still there I have deleted earlier as Yung Yang told. Then I make some test accounts and deleted them through admin panel. But those test accounts were deleting well.
    I think some user accounts are having this issue not all. But most important thing is we cant find which account its going to happened. If we couldn't find this our root folders and SQL D-Bases will be full of rubbish data and files. I am reassessing and testing all the functions in software with its SQL D-Base at the moment.

I think I found another bug in listing plan system. I will tell you briefly - If a user posted a post on plan with specific days then we change it in to a featured plan with lower number of days. On user account the user can see as higher number of days than he originally posted. He will see it as "listing live" date. I am still testing this issue. I might be able to tell you more details about this tomorrow.

Thanks Friends...

Can anybody from flynax tech team check this thread and reply.

I think it's related to the Trash Box software feature.

It may have some problems, for example when you deleted user and user still in the trash box you will not be able to register with this username.

Also if user (or other data item) still in trash it has all data in the database in case admin need restore this.

I just advice keep Trash Box disabled if you don't really need it, also let me know if you have actual problems with it i will try to help.

First of all thank you very much Mike for attempting this threat letting us know flynax is one of the best.

I did many tests on deleting listings through admin panel in last two days. The problem is with the trash box. If the Trash Box is enabled all the listing photos and some of the details of user accounts are leaving behind in “files” directory and SQL D-base EVEN WE EMPTY THE TRASH BOX – THAT’S THE PROBLEM..

When we disable The Trash Box there is on problem at all, every thing will be deleted totally without going to Trash.
    The problem is with Trash function. If we click the Empty Trash button it's listings in trash will disappear from the trash box in admin panel. But it is leaving images in “files” directory and SQL details related to those images in “fl_listing_photos” table.

But same time I would like to forces your attention to this matter as well, If somebody arrange deleting function automatically after some days of expiration. According to this previous threat, what might be able to happen? Will those automatically deleted listings leave images and SQL data behind?

Previous Threat- http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...elete+listings
    Last edited by Anjana Hemachandra; July 29, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

1. Ok, thank you now the problem is clear. We will investigate it and come back to you with solution if it will be simple, if there are lot of things affected maybe it will be better to wait next version..

2. I've looked into this old thread and Viktor's code seems good. But if you have trash box enabled it will still move listings to the trash (leave photos too), so it's likely to be same trash box clearing problem and not removed (orphan) files, which will stuck there all the time

Anjana, thank you again for participation. Hope i will get back to you soon with a solution.

You welcome and thanking you too mike. I didn't have time to check Viktor's code today. I will test it on my test site tomorrow with enabled trash box. I ll' be soon in touch with you with the test result. It can be one or two days because I have to let it to be automatically deleted. Also I have the feeling that Disabling the Trash can solve the whole problem.

Again Thanks mate.

+ Reply to Thread