+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expire ad

If that's the case the ads will always expire. Don't you think your users should get a chance to renew their ads?
    Last edited by Kemoid Wilson; January 28, 2014 at 12:40 AM.

the renew button should be visible again in the moment when the system sends the email

Your listing will expire in 5 days (25.01.2014).
    Please log in to xxx to upgrade your listing plan, or use the link below to upgrade it:

the new data should add to remaining period and if used, the button should be hidden again till the next email of expiration

I have been trying to figure out how this should work for a while now so that it would be both fair to the customer and us and this is what I came up with. If someone has a listing on the 30 plan that should expiry lets say January 10, 2014, then the renew/upgrade button should be enabled lets say from the 7/1/2014. If a user clicks the link withing this time period before the expiration then 30 days should be added to the original end date of the listing which is January 10, 2014 so the next expiration date should be February 9, 2014 so that the users don't lose any valuable days for renewing their listing early and the button is disabled again. If the user clicks the link after the expiration date then it do what it normally does and add the 30 days from the date the renew/upgrade link is clicked.

something like this. now remains to be sean what flynax will do about these bugs

anybody has a solution to this bugs? no reply from flynax so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    It seems your cron worked first time and that's why it did previous unfinished work (pre-expire email), let us know if it will happen again. Is it default 4.2?

Better in ticket.
    last night i received a new email and that is the one wich tells me that the ad expired? i didn't get with a few days before the email in wich i am notified that the ad will expire and i have to renew it.
    this is a blank 4.2 general script. what is wrong?
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; February 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread