+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

TEXT FIELDS.jpg

Since these are responsive templates, it woulded be best if we had the name of those fields directly into the box, with condition changing like in the search. you start to type and the title of the box dissapears. it's always easy and best to have 3 blocks that move one under the other.

grid.jpg

in ie8 we see 2 columns of listings intead of 3?

John, i spended a lot of time to check each responsive template that flynax released with the ideea that any bug i report will make the job easy for each next template but i never belived that is possible to be delayed by 4+ months now and see my template (general ) in the situation that it is. Becouse of the register, multifield issues and sudden page close (mentioned early), the template is totaly unusable and looks like i waited and spended my time for nothing.

out of curiosity i opened the general flatty in an android phone. remarks:
    - the cookie sign moves up with the page? can i ask why do we even have it? once the user agrees, he sould not see it anymore. do you see gmail or yahoo or any other script doing that? nope...
    - the alphabetical menu is unusable. responsive means that the website should have different settings for each type of device wich in the end must be usable. right now, the letters are tiny and you hardly can select the one you want. unless you have a pen or something
    - again the images... in list mode, the images are absolutly horible. All the text is crisp and all the images are super blured. i have never sean something worse than this. if i touch the screen and slide a little, the image turns from super blured into a pixelated but still blured image untill you release the screen and than image is back not pixelated but extra blured.

will make some pictures next days to this and look further for issues
    - the round login has a line bellow the bottom of round

here is the image problem
    images.jpg
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; April 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM.

subcategories.jpg

when expanded, not all categories are visible on mobile - tested with Nokia Remote Device Access

listing detail.jpg

this bug happened 1 time on home pc and now, the second time, on nokia developer (mobile)

when i click on a listing to see the details, i get this blank page with the email address of the website and that is all. if i reload, will be ok.

happened again, on a samsung simulator blank.jpg
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; April 17, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    Since these are responsive templates, it woulded be best if we had the name of those fields directly into the box, with condition changing like in the search. you start to type and the title of the box dissapears. it's always easy and best to have 3 blocks that move one under the other.
    RTFM

http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives...-web-forms.php

http://ux.stackexchange.com/question...ide-each-field
    Last edited by design; April 18, 2014 at 01:20 PM.

for me, what i've said represents the best solution, in a responsive design. Complains that users may want to change something and may not know the title of the text area unless he delete it do not apply in this script wich has 2-3 text areas like this in any page. Did you ever filled in a page with data and decided to change something after the wole page is done? I hope not. You fill in the text and if something is wrong you adjust it at that moment.

If I click slightly the wrong place within the From or to text box, the helpful hint doesn’t disappear, so I end up searching for Station name / codeLeighton Buzzard, which, of course, isn’t what I want at all. - See more at: http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives....fu2AZ7vv.dpuf
    try to replicate that yourself in the search from header. you can't. web tehnologies have improved from the moment of that article (4 years). don't you think so? back than, the concept of responsive website was a joke to most of us.

image.jpg
    if you scroll down the page as in image and you click on image, the lightbox will not show properly. in adition, if you have a full hd display, you will see the lightbox centered and at the top of page, with a huge gap between, you will see the controls of lightbox.

Image player must be relative to the center of the display, regardless of the screen resolution or size and olso, the controls must show right on top or on bottom or on the actual lightbox, so that users see it. It woulded be nice as well to have the rest of the images shown as thumbnails so users can click directly on the image they want to see.

a nice feature can be sean on http://olx.ro/oferta/hp-pavilion-dv5...tml#aefd50b507
    click on image and the lightbox container that shows up has the main image, the thumbnails of remaining images and olso the relevant data like User, contact data, other listings of the seller etc.

compare.jpg

from listing detail page i click on Add to compare. The listing shows for 1 sec in the compare flyout than dissapears. Counters remain 0. Tried many times in firefox or chrome and same thing happens

after 1 hour i tried again and this time it worked? this should not happen

it would be nice to have a x to close the compare flyout or close it if you click outside of it (right now will close only if you click on the black Comparision table.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; April 20, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

category.jpg

chose category, subcategories block shows an from that you can click on Select and press on continue?

+ Reply to Thread