+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You are partly right, some number of visitors may not consider what does these ... means, but this item has hand cursor which means
    that some action presents there and single click will let them know what does it mean.
    Anyway you always can change the ... to + sign for your website if you want. Do this:
    1. open file: /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/categories.tpl
    2. find line:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    3. change ... to + sign.
    I've done that already (thanks anyway for the instructions - usefull if others will need them).
    My point regarding that issue is that nobody doesn't hover all over the page to see where a actual menu/expander/function exists. The message should be clear so that any new user on the site recognise the function.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    6. Attachment 994
    when on 0, the price must look the same as it does when it has 1-100 for instance, so it must be expanded
    It will be fixed in Category Filter plugin.

6. Attachment 994
    this time i did not installed plugin Location on map so instead, i used just the multifields from wich i have added Country/State/ City. When the listing is finished, i have the same blank box for location, but, if i click on the box, the map expands to full page and shows the proper location, as stipulated in the submit listing. John, you said that my Google Map api code was wrong, so i change it and i have the same issue. So this was not the issue, thing confirmed when i change the template to general green, where it works just fine.

How can we have the old map from general green wich doesn't expand on full screen in new page and wich allows zoom from the box itself?
    I can't find exact problem by your explanation, probably there are some javascript errors on the page and in this case
    I have to see these errors or your google map API Key doesn't include "Static Map Service" and in this case you should do the following:
    1. Go to google console: https://code.google.com/apis/console/
    2. Create new project or open existing one
    3. Open project services tab and enable "Static Maps API" service.
    4. In "API Access" tab regenerate the API key for your domain.
    5. Update Google API key in your Flynax Admin Panel settings.

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 10.21.52 AM.jpg

BTW you may just remove Google API Key from Flynax settings for test, it should works as well in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It will be fixed in Category Filter plugin.

I can't find exact problem by your explanation, probably there are some javascript errors on the page and in this case
    I have to see these errors or your google map API Key doesn't include "Static Map Service" and in this case you should do the following:
    1. Go to google console: https://code.google.com/apis/console/
    2. Create new project or open existing one
    3. Open project services tab and enable "Static Maps API" service.
    4. In "API Access" tab regenerate the API key for your domain.
    5. Update Google API key in your Flynax Admin Panel settings.

Attachment 1069

BTW you may just remove Google API Key from Flynax settings for test, it should works as well in this case.
    As reported back a little further (not my fault that the list of issues is huge), i have found this
    regarding MAP. The map will not show in the small box (even if exists in fact) and will show when you click to expand it - to fix this bug you must remove from admin area-settings-google map the API key. Not logical but works just fine without the API
    KEY.
    So the issue is "fixed"

Hi everybody,
    We are working on 4.4 update now and all fixes from this thread will be added there.
    If you need some fixes immediately please let me know.

8. Attachment 995

i have clicked on Print page and i see some issues:
    - the image from print page is not the first image from the listing (it is the second one)
    - not all the fields show - i have description field (Descriere), and that is not showing at all in print page.
    Both problems fixed.

9. Attachment 996

again, the image sizes. in any responsive design, all developers do not increase the size of original image becouse it will look pixelated/blured. so why did you use this bad aproach?
    as you can see in image, the 240px width has a bigger image than as in +720px. things get's even worse on 320 or 480px where the image is increased by 30-40%. This is so wrong and should not work like this.
    The 240px should show a slightly smaller image to fit in.
    The 320px should show the same image size as in 720px (default) and in case of 480px, we should have a slightly smaller image than in the case of 720px + have 2 columns instead of 1 as it is now.

in adition, the 240px size should show a slightly smaller image to fit in and we should see the stars + favorites/compare +date, one under the other, not all in 1 line becouse the date can't be sean. This is responsive mode in the end.
    As far as I remember I already explained the pictures quality issue, ok one more time:
    You will not see the good quality pictures in emulator of your browser, check screenshot from my iPhone.
    IMG_1134.jpg
    As you can see the pictures have good quality because we use HiSRC jQuery library.
    Also you always may increase resolution of the thumbnails to make them better quality.

About Date issue, you may hide for super small screens or move it to next line, here the code:\
    1. open style.css file
    2.find code:
    PHP Code:
    3. append this style to the end of the section:
    PHP Code:

[QUOTE=John;10093]Hi everybody,
    We are working on 4.4 update now and all fixes from this thread will be added there.
    If you need some fixes immediately please let me know.

Both problems fixed.

As far as I remember I already explained the pictures quality issue, ok one more time:
    You will not see the good quality pictures in emulator of your browser, check screenshot from my iPhone.
    Attachment 1070
    As you can see the pictures have good quality because we use HiSRC jQuery library.
    Also you always may increase resolution of the thumbnails to make them better quality.

About Date issue, you may hide for super small screens or move it to next line, here the code:\
    1. open style.css file
    2.find code:
    PHP Code:
    3. append this style to the end of the section:
    PHP Code:
    /QUOTE]

Regarding the image. The examples that you have seen in Attachment 996 are not obtained from emulators. I just resized the browser window and observed the behavior. Tomorow i will check on a tablet (since i do not use one) and on mobile phones and get back regarding this.

10. Attachment 997
    please remove the display of categories in 2 columns for mobile devices when resolution is lower than 768px. it is wrong to show partial names of categories. users can't guess what each partial title mean becouse nobody has categories titles composed of 3-5 characters. see how it looks even with your demo.
    Set single column for min width = 380PX which looks good.

11. Attachment 998
    the same ideea as in 10. applies for footer links. we must not have any cut off links
    Set single column for min width = 280PX (super small screen), looks good!
    12. Attachment 999
    unless i miss something, in mobile device, the compare is not working. i add items to compare and then? i can't find any button/flyout for the actual compare like on desktop
    The icon removed for mobile view because such small screen size doesn't allow use to compare listings.
    Plugin updated.

what happened? we started dealing with this and now we lost another week

Can anyone tell us what happened here? Has John gone on vacation or is he sick? Another 10 days lost with these bugs...

i have just tested my website and flynax general demo with a phone (Android Jelly Bean) by creating a listing a to my surprise, the map is useless becouse there is no pointer atached to it to move to exact location and even worse, you add images from phone, you have no upload bar to show progress and after the upload is done, you see for less than 1 sec the image you uploaded than it goes away and in the end the listing shows without image... so this is quite nice

I would like to make a request to all the active users on the forum. MAKE A EFFORT AND TEST THE MOBILE VERSION because we have lots and lots of bugs and without us reporting them we will never have a working template. Test it especialy with mobile phones and tablets if you can...The more devices we use, the better it will be for all of us in the end.

+ Reply to Thread