+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

John, honestly, i do not know what to say. Beside the category subcategory selection and the responsive design (wich in the end can be applied to old templates via media query), 4.3 and the responsive templates have brigged nothing but bugs. I have created 5 PAGES of bugs (i bet i didn't found them all) and for what? Superficial changes. I would expect such issues when you make major changes in functionality of the script by adding new functions. If we have such bugs from such small changes, should we stop wishing that flynax team improve the script by new functions becouse we will have an explosive growth of bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    John, honestly, i do not know what to say. Beside the category subcategory selection and the responsive design (wich in the end can be applied to old templates via media query), 4.3 and the responsive templates have brigged nothing but bugs. I have created 5 PAGES of bugs (i bet i didn't found them all) and for what? Superficial changes. I would expect such issues when you make major changes in functionality of the script by adding new functions. If we have such bugs from such small changes, should we stop wishing that flynax team improve the script by new functions becouse we will have an explosive growth of bugs?
    I bet you spent alot of time testing and more importantly writing reports for those bugs. Very well done. I don't know how long will it take but I'm sure Flynax Dev. will fix them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I bet you spent alot of time testing and more importantly writing reports for those bugs. Very well done. I don't know how long will it take but I'm sure Flynax Dev. will fix them all.
    Yes, this has taken a lot of my time. It's at a level frustrating becouse i'm like a beta tester doing flynax job for free instead of working on my site. And even more frustrating is that maybe some of the bugs reported by me with images/videos do not exist/may not be reproduced in flynax demos wich in the end is a big issue. I've made several clean installs in main domain + subdomain and to see for instance that multifield works ok in flynax and not in my clean installs is not ok. On the other hand i know that all i have done is ok becouse the moment i switch to general green or any non responsive template, all the issues are gone. They are the experts so i hope they will find the problem.

For the ie8 bugs there is no excuse as long that they didn't bother to open 3 pages in responsive before moving the general responsive out of beta.

another area where the webpage closes by iteself....

i have a listing that expires. i received the email
    Dear Adi,

The featured plan of your listing will expire in 5 days (27.04.2014).
    Please log in to xxx to upgrade your listing plan, or use the link below to upgrade it:

http://www.xxx/actualizare/featured.html?id=4
    when i click on the link i get 404 error message? 404.jpg

First of all, i should not see such error message. I should see the message "Please login if you wish to renew/upgrade the listing" or similar. IS SO WRONG to show a user a page not found when all he did was to follow the link from the email. In fact, if the user have followed a email link to perform an action, he shoulded be login automatic, withut the need of inserting username and password.
    Second, if i do nothing on the page, the page will close by itself after 10-20 sec. I have made a movie just in case and i found interesting that with the jing recorder, the webpage closed much later, like 50-60 sec.

another area where the webpage closes by iteself....

i have a listing that expires. i received the email

when i click on the link i get 404 error message? Attachment 963

First of all, i should not see such error message. I should see the message "Please login if you wish to renew/upgrade the listing" or similar. IS SO WRONG to show a user a page not found when all he did was to follow the link from the email. In fact, if the user have followed a email link to perform an action, he shoulded be login automatic, withut the need of inserting username and password.
    Second, if i do nothing on the page, the page will close by itself after 10-20 sec. I have made a movie just in case and i found interesting that with the jing recorder, the webpage closed much later, like 50-60 sec.

Hello

I brought this to their attention by ticket 1 month ago. No answer. And sometimes i get visitor sending email complaining about it. They get confused

Till John or flynax team starts to fix the list of bugs, here's another one, afecting the new Categories left block (wich is great except the bug bellow)

I have as main categories:
    A
    B
    C
    D

Category A has as subcategories:
    A1
    A2
    A3
    A4

Subcategoy A1 has as subcategories:
    A1.1
    A1.2
    A1.3

If i reach level 3 (A1.1) i see on top <---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category

Actualy, when i am on level 2, i should see the back to Level 1 and when i am on Level 3 i should see the back to Level 2.

A fix please and may i know when all the bugs will be fixed?

i had an featured lsiting and i received the email
    Your featured listing at xxx has expired. The system will downgrade it to an ordinary one.
    If you want to upgrade the status of your listing please log in to renew it or use the link below:
    http://www.xxx/actualizare/featured.html?id=4

Please follow the link to view the listing details:
    test 3
    i have clicked on the link from the end of the message and once i log in i get a error "The listing is either inactive or expired"?
    Untitled.jpg this is wrong.

if i click on the first link to renew, i get the old "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" instead of the proper message "Please log in...." as mentioned in a previous report

1) No captcha for SEND MESSAGE in the listing details. This means listing owners will receive spam.

2 ) In case will set only that registered members can send messages, then there is no button to send message. So how can unregistred visitors know where to press to send a message and how can they know they have to registered to be able to send mail? Do you think this has any logic? There should be a message button also for unregistered visitors and prompt them to go and register
    Last edited by Ionut Barabasa; April 27, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

here is another nice bug...

http://general.demoflynax.com/listin...&sort_type=asc

if we are in the root of listings and try to filter the listings via price ascending + price descending, you will notice that is not working.
    if you go into a subcategory, the search works as it should

in adition, where we have the 2 filters - price up + price down, why do we have the same sign for both (down sign). the sign must point up when you filter by price ascending and sign down (as it shows right now), only when we use filter by price descending.

in my clean install i noticed another bug (wich dowsn't show in demo)...when i first enter the listings list, i have Condition as default filter. The moment i use another filter (price up or down), the Condition filter dissapears.

NOW, I WISH THAT SOMEONE FROM FLYNAX REPLY TO THIS. WILL THESE BUGS BE FIXED SOON OR I SHOULD WAIT ANOTHER 5 MONTHS. John was quite upset becouse i remind him twice in a week + to take a look at these bugs (judging by the reaction he had in another thread). Thanks

1. when i try to create an account i can't becouse in step 2, at privacy policy, the checkbox is missing Attachment 917
    after i press on next button, i receive the error message and now the checkbox apear and i can finish the register Attachment 918
    Fixed in 1.2 template version

2. when i create the account, the multifields shows and work properly. i can select the state and than the proper city from that state
    but, when i try to create a listing, multifields is not ok. i can see just city (state is missing). if i disable the need for selecting state/city (so i can move forward), i will skip those and i arrive at image loading.
    Multifield works on both add listing and registration in 1.2 template version for me.

I select 9 images and the upload process begins and i can see that images are pixelated Attachment 919 and olso, in the middle of the loading process my web page closes by itself (tried twice to confirm this).
    The pictures are pixeleted because the image size is stil 120x80 in your image settings in admin panel,
    change it to 190x110 instead.

3. i can see the plan select page, even if i have just 1. if we have 1, the page should be hidden and visible if you have 2+ plans to see the differences between them
    It isn't template problem, we have solve it in 4.3 version of the software.

in ie8 there are countless bugs
    Old IE browser is out of modern technologies and we don't take into consideration them much.
    Looking at this statistics: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp
    We can see that less then 3% of users still on IE8 and I hope they will think better of it and start using normal browser soon.
    Anyway we will review the new templates in IE 8 and 9 and fix them most critical bugs like content mess and other.

John

+ Reply to Thread