+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I log into the front end as a user?

How can I log into the front end as a user?

Hi.
    I have a new user that is having a problem placing listings on our site. Since we don't have access to users' passwords, is it still possible for me to log in on the front end as the user so I can see their account and the problem that they're experiencing? If so, how?

Thank you,
    Ron

Hello Ron,

Exist 2 ways for change passwords:
    1. User can change their password through front end 'Remind password'.
    2. Admin can change password in Admin Panel >> Accounts find account and click edit icon.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRon View Post
    Hi.
    I have a new user that is having a problem placing listings on our site. Since we don't have access to users' passwords, is it still possible for me to log in on the front end as the user so I can see their account and the problem that they're experiencing? If so, how?

Thank you,
    Ron
    I think Viktor misunderstood your problem.
    Do you mean login to frontend with user login credentials? If yes, that by default the Flynax software haven't this functional.
    But you can use him login and change password (via md5 hash of course) via phpMyAdmin to your and after checking him problem return his hash there.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis.
    Yes. Viktor misunderstood my question, but you did answer it.

I'm going to post this ability/feature in the Feature Request section and hopefully others will join me, because a $600 classifieds software should allow the admin to log in on the front end as the user to troubleshoot issues. Both Esvon and Geodesic have this feature. It was essential for me and used often.

As of now, I have to ask the user for their password, which is somewhat unprofessional.

I already looked in the database, using phpMyAdmin, and the password is encrypted.
    Can you explain a bit more how exactly you use phpMyAdmin to get/use the password?

Thank you,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRon View Post
    Hi Curtis.
    Yes. Viktor misunderstood my question, but you did answer it.

I'm going to post this ability/feature in the Feature Request section and hopefully others will join me, because a $600 classifieds software should allow the admin to log in on the front end as the user to troubleshoot issues. Both Esvon and Geodesic have this feature. It was essential for me and used often.

As of now, I have to ask the user for their password, which is somewhat unprofessional.

I already looked in the database, using phpMyAdmin, and the password is encrypted.
    Can you explain a bit more how exactly you use phpMyAdmin to get/use the password?

Thank you,
    Ron
    OK. We hope that this feature will be added in the Flynax software. Now you can write your request.
    For passwords we use the MD5 function, you can find it in phpMyadmin if you will try edit some of accounts.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

+ Reply to Thread