+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to show search filter content box in category?

How to show search filter content box in category?

Hi, as title says I want to show the search filter content box in certain category. I have checked the box in admincp but it doesn't work. It only show up when making a search. Is it fix that way or can it be show in category without making a search as well?

I'm still looking for a fix for this issue if any1 can help me i would really appreciate it

Guru
    Not sure your question is clear and thats probly why no response / is there a screen shot that better explains what you want ?

I see. Let me add screenshots to make it clearer. So by default, when I make a search, it will show results along with a refine search content box as show on the screenshot below on the left
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 10.55.13 AM.jpg

When I click on any category, I see a filter content box as showed on the screenshot below, but i removed in my site so it show nothing.
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 10.55.52 AM.jpg

I want to add the refine search content box showed on screenshot 1 to be show on category, replace filter content box in screenshot 2. As you know each listing type has separate refine search content box, I want to show that box on correspondent category. I have checked show in listing type box in admincp but it still doesnt show unless i make a search.
    Hope its clear enough.

Thanks

Guru
    Sorry for the delay, I see what you want and even though I added the refined search box to the category it did not show ?

There would be a reason for sure but on this one it may be best to ask maybe in a ticket why it does not work when assigned to a category, but from testing it seems to be an extension of the search.

With the category filter content that you removed it would be possible with a little work to build filters that would almost replicate the refined search in looks and function?

I see, thank you. I will open a ticket later.

Did anyone figure out how to fix this yet? I am having problems with this and it's driving me crazy! :S

Hello All,

I don't know where is a problem. I think you should activate Refine Search box in Admin Panel and it should show on categories page too.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread