+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.5 Personal address" either has not been entered or is incorrect; please try again

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer Hassan View Post
    Hi Pete, yes i will do the same with no sneaky removing some tips from guide ,

>>> I was thinking to make a page for all flynax users and call it "EXCHANGE YOUR CUSTOM WORK HERE" so anyone got custom work could share at this page

Oh by the way!
    1. Do you know how to make search block for only one category inside listing type with out creating new listing type..
    Just pick up one category from listing type, ??

Could i do that by just modifying the search block changing the field for listing type to just string keyword or id for certain category?

2. How also, to make Home page main search block appears with all pages?
    I tried to move it from Home block to content block ! but didn't worked
    Point 2. I think you can copy the search block and copy it to the content.tpl file.

Not working

Not waorking

Guru
    Not waorking
    http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...ries-home-page

look here it may help

Not waorking
    That is weird, I remembered last time I put a text box in this file, it shows that box on all page, including listing detail page, registereation page, etc

You mean to add new search block and add category field to sql data like this to show only this category results !
    Right?

Yes, it shows search block all pages you are right - But not working or doing any action it seems that search block is working only with home page

Yes, it shows search block all pages you are right - But not working or doing any action it seems that search block is working only with home page
    No it should work as in homepage. I think you have copied something wrong. I remember doing the same thing with search block in general wide template, not sure about other template, it just I don't do it any more.

Hmmm So strange for me too, i don't find reason why it doesn't work except if there condition to work only with home page !! not Sure , this needs asking Victor

Guru
    For part one of this OP it seems extensions are now being added, but as far as part 2 goes below

2. If I opt to add a membership plan and then try and register it gets worse.
    There is still no user user page links as above but after getting the verification email to log it it does not auto log in but asks me to log (even though it is set to auto.
    After then manually logging in it then denies access and tells me it is waiting for admin to approve the new registration even though I have not set it to do that as well.
    Very frustrated.

I had this reply

>> 2. If I opt to add a membership plan and then try and register it gets worse.
    unfortunately you can't use concurrently auto login and email confirmation options when enable membership module;
    On the surface I say Ok, then in testing I ask you say what ?

This will work if I set auto place a listing without register, it will work If I sate no email verification required and auto log in, it will work if I state I will need to confirm, in fact it works on every level (using a membership plan) but this one option.

To me now on the surface I ask why would a developer ? allow all options to work, but one, why would a developer even not build in the existing functionability as flynax has from day one ?

Both time I say they would not, so why do flynax send some random saying that says o this part does not work, ? it simply makes no sense at all and nearly looks like they just can not be bothered fixing the mistake.

If I set it to admin to verify, all messages and emails validate that is what is going to happen as it should, but set to auto log in and email verification, you get all emails as they should as well, it just simply does not work.

To the person in flynax who wrote the reply, just some of us have been using this fr years and what you say makes no sense and seems on the surface as a cheap get out of jail because you can not be bothered fixing a problem in the script ?

And I may be wrong, and if I am then any one using membership plan will always have a line of angry and frustrated admin and users trying to use your site.

+ Reply to Thread