+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Display sub-category Name in the Meta Description Tag.

Hello Petnax,

Yes it's my mistake sorry.

Please find last line in new getCategory function:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and replace to:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Viktor:

It still does not replace the {CATEGORY_NAME} for the Name of category in the TITLE of sub-categories.

Example:
    my Parent category is “{CATEGORY_NAME} Cats & Kittens for Sale”
    my Sub-category is stays the same “{CATEGORY_NAME} Cats & Kittens for Sale”

Hello Petnax,

No needs {CATEGORY_NAME} for the title. System automatically will be append title from parent. I don't see any changes applied on your site. Did you remove it?
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Yes, I removed after the test.
    The problem is that, the titles are become identical for parent and sub-categories.
    Is it possible to do like with meta-description, so I can add only the Name of sub-category in the Title?

Would you please create new ticket with this request and include ftp access details in. I check it.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Victor,
    This is really great feature.I did not noticed till now.I tried with the same code you provided however Category Name is not displaying in meta description and keywords and Title.Could you please help me out.
    Last edited by Hareesh Ghanta; August 20, 2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Additional information

Hello Hareesh Ghanta.

Would you please send me PM with ftp access I should check it myself because I don't know exactly where is a problem.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,
    Sent you details

Hello Hareesh,

This customization a bit different that you want for you.

You added meta tag: '{CATEGORY_NAME} for {sale_rent} in {area} {states_level1}'

where {CATEGORY_NAME} it's parent category name but you added your text in parent category but should in child.
    My code change only {CATEGORY_NAME} but you added more variables '{sale_rent} in {area} {states_level1}' system cannot change this variables to valid value because you should create a code for it.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,
    Thank you for replying.I am looking for the meta like
    {Subcategory name} for {sale_rent} in {City}
    Apartment for rent in New york

When i view source on particular listing it is showing me For rent in New York with out showing the category Name.

Could you please help me how can i achieve this and which is best way for SEO purposes so that my each listing will have proper meta codes
    Last edited by Hareesh Ghanta; August 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread