+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Featured Package Expiration

So I have two options (that I can think of.)

Option 1:
    Offer Featured Pacakge(s)
    Standard (Free)
    Featured (Paid)

If someone chooses Featured when signing up, or if they post as Standard and then use the Renew-Upgrade button to change to Featured, their listing gets Featured, the date gets updated to the current date when they pay for the Featured Package.
    Drawback: if featured period < standard ad expiration timeframe. When the Featured time period expires, a featured listing just disappears totally from the web, which can be bad for the site's SEO and which they may not like. For example, if they're not paying attention for a day or two when the featured period up for renewal, their listing totally disappears and they miss those days totally until they notice they need to change plan or pay again for featured. If they had not paid, their ad would not have disappeared (if the standard expiration time is > featured time period)

Option 2:
    Standard (Free)
    Upgrade to Featured (Paid)
    If someone posts as Standard, then Upgrades to Featured, listing gets featured. Post date does not change, but when Upgrade to Featured period expires, ad continues to run as standard ad.
    Advantages - no surprise invisible if they don't notice the exact day it expires
    Disadvantage - if they use the upgrade/renew button, it wipes out the (paid for) featured status; Posting date doesn't change with Upgrade to Featured so they may use the upgrade/renew button wiping the paid featured status out.

So it looks like I could request one of two customizations in the short term:
    1.) Change status to active/standard at expiration of active/featured package
    2.) Change post date when Upgrade to Featured is paid, and eliminate separate upgrade/renew button

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Ah, you are right. I did not foresee that issue. I just tested it, and if a user

Posts as standard (free), then pays for Upgrade to Featured, then say a day later, clicks the upgrade/Renew button and choose free, Featured status (that they already paid for) disappears

That will potentially cause me some problems as people really don't like paying for something and then having it disappear.

I may need a further customization here...
    I know right? That's what I have been trying to tell everybody. But it seems not too many dig deep to the system as user like me at that time. It does not make sense to pay for featured, later pay again for a standard and end up losing the paid featured, without any warning. Again, I suggest a more refined logic for the core function of Flynax script. I would be more than happy to be a tester, and work with Flynax dev to find the optimal solution. Please hear us voice here John, Viktor, Rudi, Curtis, Dmitry, ...
    Last edited by Wei Hong; January 30, 2024 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    So I have two options (that I can think of.)

Option 1:
    Offer Featured Pacakge(s)
    Standard (Free)
    Featured (Paid)

If someone chooses Featured when signing up, or if they post as Standard and then use the Renew-Upgrade button to change to Featured, their listing gets Featured, the date gets updated to the current date when they pay for the Featured Package.
    Drawback: if featured period < standard ad expiration timeframe. When the Featured time period expires, a featured listing just disappears totally from the web, which can be bad for the site's SEO and which they may not like. For example, if they're not paying attention for a day or two when the featured period up for renewal, their listing totally disappears and they miss those days totally until they notice they need to change plan or pay again for featured. If they had not paid, their ad would not have disappeared (if the standard expiration time is > featured time period)

Option 2:
    Standard (Free)
    Upgrade to Featured (Paid)
    If someone posts as Standard, then Upgrades to Featured, listing gets featured. Post date does not change, but when Upgrade to Featured period expires, ad continues to run as standard ad.
    Advantages - no surprise invisible if they don't notice the exact day it expires
    Disadvantage - if they use the upgrade/renew button, it wipes out the (paid for) featured status; Posting date doesn't change with Upgrade to Featured so they may use the upgrade/renew button wiping the paid featured status out.

So it looks like I could request one of two customizations in the short term:
    1.) Change status to active/standard at expiration of active/featured package
    2.) Change post date when Upgrade to Featured is paid, and eliminate separate upgrade/renew button
    In my opinion option 2 is better with of course still big flaw. Option 1 still have option 2 issue if they renew while featured still active. With such flaw, offer only standard is the safest. (

Thanks!

I guess one drawback of using the "upgrade to featured" option only is that users can only use it if the listing is not already featured, so users can't use it to add to featured time. They have to wait for the featured time to be up to feature again.

Whereas adding a standalone featured package option, users can renew/upgrade to bump to the top and add time while it's already featured.
    Last edited by Horizon; February 1, 2024 at 04:29 AM.

Now with a standalone Featured package, I'm not sure how to set it so a user can "renew" a single featured listing either.

To test I setup:

Featured Package
    Single Listing
    Limit use of listing package [0] Times Enter 0 to enable unlimited use of the listing package.
    Listing live for [60] Days Enter 0 to make listings active for an unlimited period.

If already featured, and user clicks Upgrade/Renew on the already featured listing, it gives you the option of standard or featured, and featured says:
    Featured Listing (Used Up)

Master
    I also think the logic should be improved. As of now it's confusing with this featured being removed when user paid for listing extension as standard. They should keep what they paid for, even when they decided to paid extra for standard time.

+ Reply to Thread