+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would cause listing title to become simply "listing"?

What would cause listing title to become simply "listing"?

Weird thing happened today -- curious what would have caused this...

All of a sudden today, with no changes that I am aware of, instead of
    the listing title all of my listings showed
    "listing" on the homepage, etc.

I went to admin -> main category -> Listing title builder and it was
    still set as I had it previously: Category, model, Length.

I didn't know what else to try, so I simply hit "save"

And then all was well.

A bit confused though as I wonder what would be some things that could have caused this to happen?

(Earlier today I changed the cache from 'disabled' to 'file cache' but it seemed fine immediately after that; I was working with adding a content box (html) for the my messages page; other that those items, I don't see what I could have done that would have caused it today, so just curious what would create such an odd issue..)

Try to:

- Rebuild category levels via Common > Refresh

- and refresh the system cache

Thanks Rudi, but just going to the main category, listing title builder, and hitting save (with no changes) fixed it. So it's not a problem in itself, just concerning to me that it seemed to happen for no reason.

(don't want it to happen again once the site goes live, so was curious what might have caused something like that to happen.)

Maybe it was something caused by changing the cache under basic settings from disabled/none to file cache. But it didn't seem to happen directly after doing that, so I'm a bit perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Try to:

- Rebuild category levels via Common > Refresh

- and refresh the system cache
    OK, that was it. I didn't realize until later that there was one more problem - when I went to post a test listing, the radio fields that were normally 6 and 3 built from a data field were showing as 14 and 14 on the add form. Refreshing the system cache fixed it.

So I guess moral of the story is to refresh the system cache after making a change to the cache setting.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Horizon; February 15, 2024 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread