+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Categories

How to place Categories ltcb_listings content box on new page

OK, I hope I'm not overloading the forum with category questions

One more Category question.

I wan to create a new page and put the Categories content box (key ltcb_listings) that is normally on the home page on the new page instead of the home page.

If under this content box I check the box next to the new html-type page to include it on the new page, it doesn't display. If I set the new page as a system page, what should I choose as its controller?
    Last edited by Horizon; February 17, 2024 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

If under this content box I check the box next to the new html-type page to include it on the new page, it doesn't display. If I set the new page as a system page, what should I choose as its controller?
    In this case, you need to create a double-controller in includes/controllers and tpl/controllers

Thanks.

I think I'll open a ticket as this is probably simple, but I'm missing it.

This is a default content box, but seems to be special in that it only displays if placed on Home page for me; on any other page of the site it just shows "listings" if I check the boxes for those pages. The content of the content box is simply "listings" so some magic must happen when it's placed on the homepage, but I'm not sure how to duplicate that in a new controller...

This content box is much like the "browse categories" in the admin; I don't have room for it on my homepage, but it would be nice to be able to include on a different page.
    Last edited by Horizon; February 19, 2024 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks Rudi for solving this via ticket.

Solution was obvious, once Rudi pointed me to it

Under Listing Types -> listing type there is a section for additional category box on pages... and you have to select the additional pages you want that content box to appear on there under the listing type.

(I was only setting this content box to appear on those pages under the content box settings itself, not under the listing type)

+ Reply to Thread