+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duplicate category information

Duplicate category information

Is there a way to apply changes of title / meta description to all categories at once, without editing them one by one in the 'edit category' page?
    I would like to set a custom title using some values to all categories pages - what's the quickest way to do it?

If you don't enter something under each individual category, it will use the primary category's meta settings I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    If you don't enter something under each individual category, it will use the primary category's meta settings I believe.
    The issue is that I need to edit the primary categories, and there are many of them in the autos classified software, as they are utilized for cars makes. By default, all SEO fields are empty. I've searched within the MySQL database but couldn't find anything.

There must be a better way instead of editing all categories one by one..

I have makes as my categories.
    Under listing type I selected one make as my primary category.
    Then I left all the other categories meta settings blank so the meta comes from the one I selected as my primary category (unless I chose to override for one by entering something instead of leaving empty)
    (Primary doesn't have to be a parent category -- my primary category is at the same level as all my other categories which use the primary category's meta settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I have makes as my categories.
    Under listing type I selected one make as my primary category.
    Then I left all the other categories meta settings blank so the meta comes from the one I selected as my primary category (unless I chose to override for one by entering something instead of leaving empty)
    (Primary doesn't have to be a parent category -- my primary category is at the same level as all my other categories which use the primary category's meta settings)
    It worked! Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread