Thread: Can't renew featured package when currently featured (message: used up)

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    (I think I'm going to have you customize the "upgrade to featured" package with one more tweak, as I think that is very close to doing exactly what I want... so I may not need to know the answer to this, but I'm curious, so I'll ask anyway)

I'm not sure what setting the single-listing featured plan "limit use of plan" to "unlimited" does. I thought it would allow one to purchase/renew it without limits, but that seems to be incorrect.

If I click on My packages as a user, it doesn't allow me to update the featured single listing plan - there is no button to update it there. The only button I see is to purchase a new plan.

However on the purchase a new plan, the only option is the standard (the single-listing standalone featured plan doesn't appear there). The standard appears on the Purchase a new package page but can't be bought again since I already have it as the user. See screenshots. I find this a bit confusing, but I'm obviously not quite grasping the concept here, or maybe I'm trying to make it do something that it doesn't do (allow someone to renew standalone featured package before it has expired)

(I think the upgrade to featured may actually be a better fit for me with one more customization, so if this doesn't' work like that, I can live with it, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong that I'm not seeing.)
    Hi Horizon,

Did you have a customization for featured function? I'm wondering if it's expensive to have customization that count standard and featured separately, which I think will solve most of the problem.

Active and inactive check:
    Listing main counter (A) = Standard counter ( B ) + Featured counter (C)
    If A > 0 => Listing stay active
    If A = 0 => Listing inactive

Featured or standard check:
    If renew or upgrade with standard package for (n) days => B + (n)
    If renew or upgrade with featured package for (n) days => C + (n)
    If C > 0 => Listing status is featured
    If C = 0 => Listing status is standard

I'm no expert in coding but I tried my best to come up with this logic, please comment on this. Thank you Flynax Dev
    Last edited by Wei Hong; February 8, 2024 at 11:37 AM.