Thread: Version 5 feature requests.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We will think about changes in image uploader. At the moment we discuss changes for dealers photo upload and crop which might become a very useful thing.

About dimensions - you can set any sizes for your images and system will resize images to that. The problem is that users upload different images which are not necessarily have big size and quality and this may cause problems with thumbnails on the website.
    About dimensions, you missed the whole idea even if i try to explain it as best as i can. Please check yourself what system is used by the most important players in the world regarding this and will talk again after. This system is used by many years in magento and others - check http://go.magento.com/support/kb/ent...atalog-images/

Or, do some math yourself. Let's say that i have set up the website to allow images of 3000x2000px (wich is around 4mb each), and i allow 10 images per listing. That will mean that for a single listing the listing details page will load 40 mb to show 10 images at 3000x2000px shrinken artificial into 298x278px (which is the main image size) when it should have 10 resized images at 298x278px wich would take less than 1 mb? Multiply those scores by 1000 ads or 10.000 ads which is quite a small number for a classifieds website and maybe you will understand now the problem. Right now your script waste huge traffic and server resources (cpu, ram, space) because this simple flow.

You complain about "users upload different images which are not necessarily have big size and quality and this may cause problems with thumbnails on the website"
    Exactly how is this a problem? I doubt that any user will bother to load a image smaller than 298x278px which is the main image size. And even if that will happen, show the small image at 100%(it's original size), in the middle of the white image container. Image resize up or down must not take place because it blures out the images.

To me, a classified script should behave the same way a online show behaves because both have something important in common. A huge number of listings. So you can easy compare your script to any major ecommerce script like magento, opencart, prestashop and other to see what is used and why is used.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; October 22, 2014 at 07:37 AM.