The Plugin is designed to speed up and enhance user experience by automatically filling in the location fields based on a marker's position on the Google Maps when posting ads.
How it works?The Plugin adds the Google Maps on the Add/Edit a Listing step above or below location-related fields, places the marker on the Maps based on a user IP address and fills in location fields with the address identified. More so, the user may further adjust or fine-tune the location by dragging the marker to show an exact location of a listing on the Maps.
More importantly, the marker is synced with location fields meaning if a user changes position of the marker on the Maps, the Plugin will immediately respond and fill in location fields on the listing form with accurate details. Similarly, if you make changes to an address in a location field, for instance, enter a different state or a city the marker will automatically jump to a new position on the Maps based on the new address. Since the Plugin is based on the Google Maps, you may rest assured that the location data is always accurate and up-to-date.
Intended useAlthough the Location Finder Plugin is primarily designed for real estate software, boat or car classifieds, you may also use it for other types of classifieds, where a user needs to specify a listing location. The Plugin helps you pinpoint the exact location of your property, car, a boat or any other item that you wish to display on the Maps.
Admin SettingsNo setting up is required, and once installed, the Administrator needs to go to the Basic Settings and simply select the fields for the country and region in the field mapping section.
You have to log in to view installation instructions.
Aug 03, 2016
- Map position issue at the bottom resolved
Jul 18, 2016
- Google Maps usage improved
Jul 11, 2016
- Google Maps usage optimized
- Minor improvements
May 30, 2016
- Fixed the problem with incorrect position saving on the map after editing a listing in the admin panel
May 18, 2016
- Parse Error on the Edit Listing page in Admin Panel fixed
Apr 29, 2016
- Geo Mapping database improved
- Geo Mapping database manager added
Aug 08, 2015
- Synchronization between map and location fields added
Feb 24, 2014
- Locating visitor added
- Adjusted to the responsive template
Apr 20, 2012
- "Use visitor location" option added
Mar 08, 2012
- Zoom level issue fixed
Mar 07, 2012
- Now the Plugin is available for Flynax v.4.0, see plugin installation instructions.
Mar 09, 2011
- "Use map location" checkbox added
- The coordinates loosing problem was fixed on "Edit listing" page
- Plugin functionality was improved
Sep 01, 2010
- Fixed Typo
Aug 05, 2010
- Initial release