PesaPal provides a safe and secure way for both businesses and individuals to make and accept payments in Africa. Since PesaPal works with banks, mobile operators and different credit card companies, customers are given many payment options including mobile payments.
How it Works
To start, you’ll need to create a business account with PesaPal. Once you register an account, you’ll be given access to PesaPal’s client area where you’ll be able to manage the transactions, create invoices, add payment options and more.
The Payment gateway will integrate seamlessly into your site allowing buyers to choose the payment method and pay for the services offered on your site. Some of PesaPal’s highlights are:
- Available in countries such as Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, Malawi and Zambia;
- Many payment options including Visa and Mastercard;
- Secure payment processing;
- 24/7 customer support;
- Ability to request payments from your customers using an online invoice;
- PesaPal increases your financial security by providing you with sms/email notifications of the payments made, administrative changes in your account and more.
Once PesaPal is active on your site, you may start accepting payments from members. It is worth noting that the buyer may purchase a service on your site both from their computer and with their phones, even without access to the Internet, with the help of the unique PesaPal reference.
Once the payment is made, the money will be help temporarily in a trust bank account, meaning that PesaPal will not have access to the funds. For the payment to be transferred to your account, you’ll need log in PesaPal’s client area and make a withdrawal request.
PesaPal does not charge a commission for:
- Registration and opening an account with PesaPal;
- No monthly fees
- Buyer is not paying a commission when purchasing a service from your site
PesaPal only charges a 3.5% commission on each completed transaction. However, we recommend that you visit’s PesaPal’s pricing page and check the information on fees and commissions since it may be subject to change.
PesaPal is a must-have for classifieds sites operating in Africa. If you have a classifieds business in Africa, PesaPal will allow you to cater to a wider audience and accept payments globally in a hassle-free and secure manner.
You have to log in to view installation instructions.
- Initial release