XML Feed Import/Export Plugin
Attracting and keeping new users to a new site with no ads and users is a real challenge, no matter how well your site is built. We understand how it is important to launch a site that will be populated with some contents sufficient for inviting real users to post their ads on your site. Using Flynax XML Feeds Plugin you'll be able to fill your site with contents imported from other resources allowing you to start building your own audience.
The XML Plugin allows you to import data in XML format. The XML Feed Export/Import Plugin is mainly designed for importing XML feeds from other classifieds sites and resources. You also can use the Plugin for exporting data of your classifieds site to share them with other sites or dealers.
There are different types of XML feeds varying in contents and data structure, for example: xml2u, openmarine etc, which negates the possibility of building a universal tool allowing you to import any XML feed from any resource. Nevertheless we did our best to make the plugin that will allow you to import the majority of XML feeds using a quite powerful XML manager in admin panel.
The plugin allows you to configure and make the process of adding new and updating previously imported ads automatic. To make importing automatic you have to set up cron for an XML file to be imported at certain intervals.
Using the Plugin you can parse XML feeds with different data structures thanks to advanced mapping system allowing you to set correlation between feed fields and site ones.
The plugin shows import stats, in particular a number of imported, updated and removed ads for every import session.
The plugin makes it possible for site users to export their ads in XML format in order to share ads on other sites.
For minimizing file reading issues the XML Feed Import/Export Plugin allows you to choose a method to read XML files when importing ads.
You can easily import feeds secured with http because the Plugin offers http authorization.
You have to log in to view installation instructions.
- A few minor bugs fixed
- Data exporting problem fixed
- Line breaks problem in textarea fields when importing fixed
- A few minor bugs fixed
- Warning: Updating the Plugin will erase all already set up mappings; but feeds will remain intact.
- XML parser reworked
- Delayed photo import option added
- Import only new ads option added
- Split value into two fields by comma mapping option added
- Duplicate value into two separate fields mapping option added
- Alternative parsing method added
- XML file processing improved
- Ability to set different ad owners from a feed added
- Stability of the plugin boosted
- filters added to the feeds manager
- minor bugs fixed
- optimization measures taken
- mapping for multi-field fields added
- mapping for categories improved
- Initial release