Shopping Cart & Bidding
Shopping Cart and Bidding Plugin is a powerful addon giving you the opportunity to transform your classifieds site into an online store with a few clicks. The Plugin is best suited for the Flatty line templates, in which its graphical elements look better than in standard templates.
The Shopping Cart and Bidding allows both private sellers and the Administrator to sell and buy items online using payment gateways available on your classifieds site. For shipping purposes the Plugin offers UPS and DHL, courier delivery and pick up. To get the best price on an item the seller can put it up for auction and after getting the highest bid sell it at a higher price.
The Plugin is quite massive and consists of two large modules: a Shopping cart and Auctions.
When shopping on the site a user has the ability to add a few items to his cart and buy them from different sellers paying them separately. Sellers, on their part, can collect payments for items sold through available payment gateways by entering their payment account details. The seller is responsible for sending item(s) sold to the buyer using available shipping methods unless pick up option is chosen.
When posting an ad the seller will be asked to choose between two options: Fixed and Auctions.
With the Fixed option the seller will be asked to enter a price, quantity, weight of an item and availability. The price is normally shown for users buying items with the shopping cart.
If the seller chose to put his item up for auction he'll have to specify a starting price, from which the auction will start, a reserve price, which is a hidden minimum price on an item and a buy now price, which is normally a bit higher price than an auction starting price. He'll also have to determine a bid step, an increment by which the auction price will be increased once a listing gets a higher bidding. An auction can be limited in days; so the seller can set its duration and quantity of items he is willing to put up for auction.
As the Administrator you can enable or disable the shopping cart or auctions, set a recipient of payments: it might be either the Administrator or private sellers, set number of items visible in the cart, position of price fields, format of date, select shipping methods, configure shipping methods, set an automatic rate (an increment set by the system) and set units of measurement. The Administrator can also keep track of all transactions including their status from the admin panel.
The Plugin is quite flexible and you can configure it for a particular listing type; you also have the choice as to what module to enable or enable them both.
Every action or event made in the Plugin is followed by email notifications sent to buyers, sellers and the Administrator, for example when a bidder places a higher bid all bidders get notifications about it or when a user buys something online the buyer and the Administrator get notifications etc.
The next version of the Plugin will have the ability to share fees (percentage of sale) between sellers and the Administrator. This option might be wanted if the Administrator wants to get a percentage of sales made by private sellers on your site.
We also work to add another two shipping methods: Fedex and USPS that will expand shipping capabilities of your online store.
You have to log in to view installation instructions.
- Payment gateway bug in front end in version 4.3 and less fixed
- Seller payment details bug fixed
- Empty field bug on Listing Details page fixed
- Icon issue in the wide template fixed
- Remote Adverts bug fixed
- Private shopping cart pages fixed
- Additional shipping options added
- hidden listings problem solved
- Configuration to hide zero quantity items from a list added
- The plugin is adjusted to Flynax 4.4;
- USPS, Fedex shipping methods added;
- Fixed shipping price added;
- Ability to set up shipping options for each listing added
- Issues in Android App fixed
- Shipping method name on the order page changed
- UPS Origin issue in shopping cart in user profile fixed
- Shopping cart box issue with the "Show My Cart in a standard box" enabled in custom templates fixed
- Saving currency bug in the admin panel fixed
- Payment gateway image URL issue in responsive templates fixed
- Bug in the front end with 2CO and PayPal disabled fixed
- Bug on posting ads in the mobile app fixed
- Payment plugin bug fixed with
- MySQL error in bids & offers page fixed
- My Cart box issue in general sky template fixed
- Shc_mode field with no name removed
- Error on My Purchases page fixed: auctions removed
- Placeholder issue after bidding fixed
- Automatic rate issue in cron fixed
- Features Added
- Ability to enable shopping cart for listing types added
- Ability to enable/disable shopping cart and auction modules added
- Ability to print out order details added
- A shopping cart box for custom templates added
- an error in php 5.4 fixed
- an error in listing when activating auction for the first time fixed
- a link bug in the cart box fixed
- an rtl direction issue fixed
- a paging issue on My items sold, My auctions and My purchases fixed
- a title issue in the table header fixed
- Initial commit